Diabetic and have high BP. Had blood in urine. Cause?

yesterday morning I had blood in my urine when I urinated. It stopped by the afternoon and nothing today. I am 59, woman with type 2 dieb. weight is 235. I have high blood pressure also. should I just keep a watch on it?
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need further evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

First of all we need to confirm the presence of blood and then look for the cause for it. There are many causes for it like bladder infection, kidney stones, glomerulonephropathy, tumor in urinary sytem (rarely). Though, most of the times it will not be a serious cause, every serious cause needs to be ruled out. For this, you may need complete urine examination, ultrasound abdomen/pelvis etc, based on physical exam findings.

Also, you need to keep a check on your diabetes, high BP both of which are high risk factors for kidney problems.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.