Diabetic and have been detected with Cataract. What is the right time for surgery?
User rating for this question
My father is detected with Catract in right eye and he is a diabitician. What is the right time to get the Catract surgery done.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Stage of cataract and structures behind lens Detailed Answer: Hi, Your father needs to get few investigations done before he goes on for cataract surgery (replacement of the natural opacified lens to artificial lens ) . Since diabetes affects the structures behind the lens, the doctor would look at the back of the lens called retina, vitreous and macula. If they are fine then he will get a 'go ahead' for cataract. They would also check the pressure in the front of the lens and if it is normal the surgery will be performed. Now cataract is at different stages, the doctors would normally operate before the cataract is matured and that gives better results than removed a mature lens. First know what stage is the cataract and get the examination done. Hope this answers.
People also viewed
- Infected hair on baby s eye brow
- Diagnosis of Low haemoglobin level
- Cataract surgery healing time
- Brown stuff coming out of babies eye
- Baby bumped head now one eye red
- Cause of dizziness after right cataract surgery
- Diagnosis of Prolonged vaginal bleeding
- Drugs/medication for Excessive weight loss
- Baby eye infection very swollen bruised eyelids
- Having cataract and diabetic treatment for surgery
- Vitrectomy and cataract surgery done what is sfa test
- What treatment should a diabetic take for cataract
- Symptoms of Discomfort while eating
- Boil under babies eye
- Treatment and cure for Inter menstrual bleeding