Diabetic and eyes got damaged called retinopathy. Laser treatment was not fruitful. Advise?

My father is sufferring from Diabities and due to this his eyes got damaged.
Currently Diabities is under control but EYES got damaged badly.As per my knowledge disease called as RETNOPATHY.
Under went laser treatment twice but not fruitful.
Request you to please advie or let me know the soultion for the same or suggest good doctor for the treatment.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later

Management of retinopathy requires control of diabetes as well as routine eye examination to see new defects which are to be managed by flourocine angiography followed by repeat laser treatment.

This is a perpetual process for which you have tohave regular follow ups.

You have to continue with laser treatment and wait for a while for the effects of laser to be visible in the eye.

Pl. do get back to me, in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Diabetic and eyes got damaged called retinopathy. Laser treatment was not fruitful. Advise? 11 minutes later
Thank You very much for your prompt revert.

We are actually afraid for again and again lazer treatment. Is there any side effects of the lazer treatment. Since my father has already underwent lazer treatment for twice at XXXXXXX netralaya Chennai and XXXXXXX hospital Kolkata.

Currently treatment is on through XXXXXXX hospital.

Any advance technology or any alternate treatment can cure the entire problem.

Thanks for getting back to us.
This is what happens with diabetic retinopathy ,new vessels are formed,without proper covering,so they leak and that leakage is to be tackled by laser or there is a pan photocoagulation to stop these vessels from forming,these decisions are to be taken and differ from case to case.
Since you are in contact with two good places,both of them being at par with any where else,there is no point in shifting to a different hospital.
I feel your father is being managed well.
Do get back to in case of any further query.