Diabetic and diagnosed Fatty Lever with elevated SGPT and SGOT. How to control it?

Hello Doctor, I have diagnosed Fatty Lever in october 2012 with SGOT - 45 & SGPT -80 raised lever enzymes...My Height is 5 feet 10 inches my weight is 86 Kg...Rest of the Liver tests are prothombin Time , Bilirubin etc....I want to know how can i get rid of this Fatty Lever ...I am also Type -2 Diabetic with Fasting levels -129, HBA1c -7.5 ...Grade III in ultrasound ......Please advice is it curable 100% ......

After that I did do running, Exercise, Diet Control & lost 3-4 Kgs of Weight & in Feb 2013 my Liver Enzymes Came back to Normal with Blood Sugar Levels also Normal to fasting 100....HBA1c-6.5 ....

My query is my Fatty Liver is almost cured has it come down from Grade III to Normal ....Pls Advise...Wat should I do next..( I Have Not Repeated the Ultra Sound yet as advised by my physician)..
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
All well - follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are in good hands...
The issue seems to have been solved... / no need for concern..
Continue the treatment and have regular follow up...
Repeat the ultrasound at your convenience

Strict control of Diabetes and reduction of weight form the cornerstone of therapy
Your lipid profile (triglyceride) needs to be followed up too..

Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Diabetic and diagnosed Fatty Lever with elevated SGPT and SGOT. How to control it? 4 hours later
Hiii Doctor,

Thanks, I have taken Auyurvedic Medicine Udramrit vati ( Baba Ramdev) also to strengthen my Liver function.It is almost simlar to LIV 52 but more effective than LIV 52. I am also taking Karela Neem Capsules ( Karnim Capsules) prescribed by Famous Tibia Medical College Delhi Doctors/Vaids to control Blood Sugar Levels. Both these medicines has worked for me.

I am also continuing to my exercise schedule & I have also joined the GYM.The GYM Trainer has asked me to take whey Proteins.

Please advice Can I take Whey Proteins & what should be the Ideal Quantity.Will It have any side effects on my liver. Which Brands Would you suggest- Ultimate Nutrition,USA - ISO Sensation 93 or Natures Best - ISO Pure.

Can I continue Strength Training also or do cardio exercise only.

Further Advice should i Take Karela Neem Capsules & Udramrit Vati ( Liv 52) also...
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exercise benefits - for sure

Detailed Answer:

I am XXXXXXX consultant/specialist in Allopathy
It is ethically and legally wrong for us to comment on drugs from other systems of medicine... / You should discuss with the practitioner of the particular system only...

There is nothing special or specific in whey protein
Nor it is special or specific for the liver..
Most brands are similar with no difference for practical purposes

Supervised exercise is very good indeed – for sugar, for weight, for heart and so on...

Follow-up: Diabetic and diagnosed Fatty Lever with elevated SGPT and SGOT. How to control it? 53 minutes later
Hiii Doctor,

Thanks But You have still not clarified Can I take Whey Proteins in My Diet. Pls suggest how much Quantity can be safe..

Further Please suggest I had some pain feeling in left side of my Chest during Running on Treadmill. I have gone Heart ECHO test in 2011 which was pretty normal.I consulted a physian he asked me for TMT Test. I gone for TMT Test with Exercise time of 10.5 Minutes & physian said it is normal for Irreversible Ischemia & there is no Angina...

But still I feel some pain like when I run for 600-700 mtr on treadmill but I dont feel any breathlessness, Dizziness. It subsides when my heartbeat cools down. What this pain is kindly suggest...
Brief Answer:
Can take whey / repeat stress ECG

Detailed Answer:

Regarding whey protein
You don’t need it...
You can take it / there is no harm / the need is based on weight
Usual protein requirement is less than 1 gram (0.8) per kilogram.. It can be doubled in body builders
As I already said, here is nothing special in it and a balanced diet is good enough.. Consult a dietician for the long term life style changes... You have to look at the quantity of your food and change the quality too. One generally needs several sessions, to master concepts of calories, nutritional values, biological value, vitamins, minerals and so on.

Regarding chest pain
     Pain on exercise (running on treadmill) is an indication for further investigation. You need to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease. Your test done was long before in 2011. You should repeat it now –      TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG) with thallium isotope is the ideal non-invasive way to evaluate ischemia / to assess the PHYSIOLOGY (function) – to see whether the blood arriving at the heart muscle.
     If there is a suggestion, the next step is to see the ANATOMY (structure) – undergo catheterisation and coronary angiography with a view for possible intervention. It is the only way to directly ‘see’ the block, if any – and its location, extent, severity and so on. Coronary arteriography is invasive but it is the gold standard for this. CT angio is non-invasive study for the anatomy. If positive, you will need catheterisation, anyway.