Diabetic and bipolar. Have tingling in toes, weak legs and dizziness. How Bipolar and multiple sclerosis affects?

I am new to ms. Meaning I have not been diagnosed. But I have been in the emergency room twice with in the last month. I have had three doctors tell me I need to see a neurologist, and I will this Wednesday. My question is how might bi-polar and MS affect me/ treatment?
bi-polar, type 2 diabetes, borderline high cholesterol. Seizure disorder. Recently, with in the past 6 weeks, I have developed tingling in my toes. Weakness in my legs, with my knees giving out. Extreme dizziness, speech problems.
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Multiple Sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
The two illnesses, bipolar mood disorder (BMD) and Bipolar mood disorder has more to do with neurotransmitters and MS is more so related to development of plaques. Moreover the neurodeficits of both the illness are very different. Bipolar mood disorder is episodic whereas MS after some time will not be episodic.
Coming to your question directly, the treatment of BMD and MS can progress together. The only thing that may be needed is change in the dosage of MS drugs depending on which mood stabilizer you are on. MS can be diagnosed only with a good MRI scan. best of luck with your imaging.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.