Diabetic and also asthmatic. Use nebulizer with two medicine. Caught cold, can Delsym be taken?

I'm a diabetic type 2 and also asthmatic I have to use a nebulized with two different medicine morning and night plus during the day. I caught a cold last week and now it's in my chest and I would like to know if I can take delsym for my coughing until I see my plumory dr.
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 43 minutes later
brief answer....yes,you can take it.
Detailed answer...This medicine has DEXTROMETHORPHAN and is a cough suppressant which can be used for cough caused by cold.
Avoid taking cold drinks for sometime and drink plenty of hot liquids like hot tea,coffee,hot soups etc.
I hope it helps you however ypu may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck