Diabetic. Why have I developed dent on top of skull?

Recently 2 dents have appeared, one on each side of the center of the top of my skull. They are both the width of a finger and about a finger's length also. I am 59. What is even stranger is that my roomate of 16 years has also recently developed dents on her head in the same area. No pain is involved. No head injuries have happened. No Migrains. I have diabetes, she does not. Neither od us drink or use drugs.
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some recommendations.

It is very peculiar to develop the symptoms what you have described. I cannot think of any type of infection or inflammatory process that would cause this.

There are some types of processes which can disrupt the bone of the Skoll as well as bones of the rest of your body. For this I really think you need to see your doctor for a physical examination.

If your doctor does not have convincing evidence of what exactly is going on by examining you I think you should probably request an x-ray of the school. This will help him determine if anything else is going on. In addition laboratory testing might be performed to see if there is any type of metabolic problem or disturbance in your calcium level which could contribute to this.

Thanks again for sending your question. I really do think this is something you should discuss with your doctor. I think your roommate should also see her doctor to discuss this as well.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Dr. Robert