Diabetic. Which medicine should I take for arthritis pain?

what can I take for arthritis pain that want hurt my kindeys see im a diabetic and took me off Morton 4 months a go?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 11 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
I am particularly happy that you are concerned with your kidney function, especially as you gt diabetes and hypertension, which are potentially harmful to kidneys , especially if not well managed.
I would start by recommending a routine kidney function test in your basket of routine tests every 6 months.
Depending on the results of the test, and the particular arthritic pain, a drug, appropriate for the condition might be selected. What type of arthritis pain, is it rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis?
Depending on the case, a particular drug, considering your past history shall be selected. Generally used drugs are steroids, methotrexate, hydroxychloroquine, simpla analgesics like acetaminophene and caffeine, morphines. But all these are diagnosis and patient tailored.
I strongly suggest you get a consultation first with your rheumatologist to get a proper diagnosis. And based on the diagnosis, and results of your kidney function test, an appropriate drug shall be prescribed. I know you might be expecting an immediate and easy response, but humbly and honestly feel its better to be safe and be more specific. This shall also help in monitoring and evaluating success of our treatment if the diagnosis is actually known.
Thanks and I hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.