Diabetic. Using triglimiprex and metamorphin. Should I go for higher dose for gluconorm?

i am20year diabetic patient,aged 63.i was using triglimiprex 2 which has 500 mg metamorphin.sugar not in doctor advised gluconorm 2 which has same combination.should i go for higher strength doze say gluconorm 3/gluconorm forte.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 37 minutes later

welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Triglimiprex is a Oral Hypoglycemic drug with the combination of(Glimepiride+Pioglitazone+metformin).

Pioglitazone in this combination is ban by the Government of India a week back.

This is the reason why the doctor has changed the drug.

Gluconorm contains Repaglinide which is a different class of antidiabetic.

You can use Gluconorm and it will help you in controlling the blood sugar.

Hope the answer helps you.
Please to answer other queries.
Follow-up: Diabetic. Using triglimiprex and metamorphin. Should I go for higher dose for gluconorm? 14 hours later
triglimiprex had 500 mg metamorfin &gluconorm2 has also same.i am very old diabetic &few doctors advised insulin also,but i preferred oral.Gluconorm forte has 1000 mg metamorphin,will it not be better.Also pl let me know the price of both as i am in remote area at present &has to fetch it from city
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 15 minutes later

In long standing most of the beta cells of the pancreas which secrete insulin gets destroyed.

Due to this reason OHA are not effective after some time and you has develope drug related problems.

You need to monitor your creatinine levels if you're going to increase your Metformin dose.

Metformin is present in both the combination. But other drugs are different in them.

Out of the two the better options may be insulin.

The cost of the medicines differ from state due to local taxes.
Contact your pharmacist for prices.
Follow-up: Diabetic. Using triglimiprex and metamorphin. Should I go for higher dose for gluconorm? 17 minutes later
dear doctor sir
i am fully aware insulin is better.i want your candid opinion wheather for me if i am opting oral gluconorm 2or gluconorm3 or gluconorm forte will be regards my creatinine level it is fine & normal.will a higher doze of metamorphin will help in controlling blood sugar in better ways. in fact i am combining more yoga/naturopathy/flaxseedoil+cottage cheese with oral madicine with diet control & trying 3 month package,if it fails i will shift to insulin.
with regards, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX lal
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 14 minutes later

If the case is so then you may go for Gluconorm forte(Glimepiride 2 mg+metformin 1ooo mg).

Earlier you may tried Metformin 500mg which didn't control your blood sugar effectively.

Your renal status is also good.

Monitor your blood sugar regularly to see if the treatment is effective.

Good luck.