Diabetic. Taking galvus and gemer. Done with sugar test. Advice?

i am 46 years past 11 years diabetic my fasting sugar 188 PP sugar 280 Hba1c 6.5 Now doctor advised changed medicine as Gemer-2mg two time before food and galvus -50mg Morning 1 time after food now i started fast 2 days it will control my PP Blood sugar ? 140 to 160
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 53 minutes later
Hello XXXXX.
Fasting can control your post prandial sugar but it will lead to ketosis.Also there is risk of hypoglycemia due to fasting.You can keep control over diet by avoiding high glycemic index food but complete fasting should be avoided.You can continue with the treatment advised by your physician that will help you to control sugar for longterm.
Hope this helps you better.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thank you.