Diabetic. Taking Galvas. Felling uneasy. Suggested to take Betacap. Can I take this drug?

I am a diabetic patient age 47 I am taking Galvas Met 50/500 twice a day.
Now I am feeling very uneasy and my nerves system is not well today my doctor was suggesting me to take BETACAP TR 40, Can I take this drug?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Beta blocker.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Betacap TR(Propranolol) is a Beta blocker.
It is indicated in hypertension, tremors and heart diseases.

It is not advisable in diabetic patient because it can mask the symptoms of hypoglycemia(Due to fasting or over dose of oral hypoglycemic drugs). But still he can have hypoglycemic and it may be XXXXXXX

There are other medicine which can be used neuropathy and anxiety like Gabapentin.

In my opinion it is better to avoid propranolol in diabetic. So I will not advise to take it.

Hope the answer helps you.
Let me know if there is any clarification.