Diabetic. Take medicines for High Blood Pressure, and Sertraline. Gaining weight. Cause for weight gain?

I take medicines for High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, and Sertraline for Mental plus Supplements. I am gaining
weight rather than losing it. Which medicines cause weight gain?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Amlodipine, Bumetanide,Sertraline

Detailed Answer:

Amongst the drugs you take, though rare Amlodipine, Bumetanide, Sertraline are known to cause weight gain.

Do exercise regularly to counteract the effect. If the weight gain is too much and drastic then you may have to consult your treating doctor to get the medications revised.