Diabetic. Suggest medication for burning foot with black spots on it

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Aug 2012
Aug 2012

Diabetologist
Question
I am diabetic my foot will be burning if I wear shoes it has black spots in my bottom of foot, please suggest medication for it.I am using cream diafootcare creambut not so efficient.
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Please make sure you use sandles or shoes with MCR (micro-cellular-rubber) bottom/ sole. That bottom makes you feel comfortable and MCR is safest material for feet.
They are available at pharmacy stores or even commercial shoe shops like Bata. In fact, the Bata shop sells cheaper and better quality.
You use cream named ' COTARYL' which is available over the counter in pharmacy stores. To be used after every bath. The black spots will go and soles will remain soft.
For the burning sensation in feet, you will have to use tablet Gabapentin or pre-gabalin. Please see a good Diabetologist for appropriate prescription (doses and frequency). Also your feet must be examined regularly by the Diabetologist.
Get back for any further query. Take care.

Follow-up: Diabetic. Suggest medication for burning foot with black spots on it 6 minutes later
Thanks a lot.......

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 2 hours later
you are welcome.