Diabetic. Suffering from indigestion. Will it be safe to take panlipase?

Jan 2013

I am 60 Yrs Male, under controlled Diabetic,suffering from indigestion, gas forms after meal, Is it advisable to take Cap Panlipase ?
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 36 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know your blood sugar status both fasting & postprandial.
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal heaviness/ nausea & vomiting/ excessive flatulence?

Uncontrolled blood sugar is associated with gastrointestinal complications such as decreased gastrointestinal motility (causing constipation and abdominal heaviness) and increased gastrointestinal motility (causing diarrhea).

Panlipase is pancreatic enzyme supplement and is advisable in only two conditions: Abdominal pain due to pancreatitis and second one is passage of fats in stools.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist / gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging, x XXXXXXX abdomen and chest, serum amylase & lipase and thyroid profile.
You should also go for endoscopy as you are a known case of hyperacidity.
Helicobacter pylori bacteria is responsible for such symptoms and collectively called as "Peptic ulcer treatment" and eradication is essential for complete relief.
Peptic ulcer disease may be in form of chronic gastritis, fundal gastritis, nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis and gastric & duodenal ulcer and adenocarcinoma of stomach.
You should take prokinetics for getting relief of your symptoms.
Avoid legumes, putting boiled potatoes and dough in refrigerator.
Avoid citrus fruits and tomatoes.
You should take milk only 200 ml per day, more than 200 ml causes excessive gas formation.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava