Diabetic. Noticed discomfort on right skull. Foot swollen. CAT scan showed fibroids. Help?

I am a 69 yr old diabetic. My most recent concerns involve slight on and off discomfort on the right side of my skull, pain on and off in my right leg below the knee and my right ankle and foot have been swollen more so than usual. I also have discomfort in my upper right quadrant which radiates to the middle of my upper back when I turn over in bed. I had a CAT scan for this problem a couple years or so ago, but the report said I had fibroids. My doctor at that time who ordered the scan has never addressed this with me. Please help.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. David Okia 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Additional investigation can help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

Based on my experience with patients who have similar complains I usually do additional investigation x-ray of joints affected and chest, computer tomography of head to rule out any brain lesions and abdominal pelvic ultrasound to rule out any pathology in gall bladder and uterus. Blood pressure and ECG for any heart abnormalities.

After these investigations I usually discover the cause manage and my patients do well. As you wait to see the doctor for this investigations you can take tablets Zerodol for pain .I am happy to note you have managed to maintain lower blood sugar levels, keep it up.

Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other queries