Diabetic. How to increase HB level without increasing sugar level?

my fasting sugar is 112 and post parandial is 142. Am I Diabetic. My Hb is 10.5.How to increase Hb without increasing sugar levels. I am a male
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 46 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query to us.
Is it possible to scan the CBC report & send it to me. Before treating hemoglobin levels we need to know what type of anaemia do you have & what is the cause?
Iron deficiency anaemia is more common due to lack of iron in diet. Include iron XXXXXXX food in your diet like dark green leafy vegetables, iron fortified cereals, whole grains like brown rice, beans, nuts which will not increase your sugar levels. However some food & medicines can interfere with absorption of iron in body like tea, coffee, antacids used to decrease acidity. So better to decrease or avoid taking such things.
Also at the same time we need to find the cause for your hemoglobin so that can be treated. If you are taking some pain killer medicine that is causing bleeding from stomach & decreasing your hemoglobin .
Consult your treating physician so that he can examine you & find the cause for low hemoglobin.
I hope I have answered your query. Take care.