Diabetic. Hospitalized. Low blood count. Vomited blood. With all markers for Lupus but no symptoms. Suggestions?

My daughter is 29 works in NYC, has been a stable diabetic since age 10, last year was hospitalized with what was thought to be a UTI, so after 5 or so days in the hospital her blood count went down to less than 1, yes I said less than 1, they finally released her when it went up to 2. She has continued since with all the markers for Lupus but no symtoms.
She just called me and told me she vomited a little bit of blood after a slight high sugar count. Is this serious??? No not a lot of blood she said.

Just an FYI our Family Primary Doctor just left the practice 10 days ago, she was wonderful and on top of everything XXXXXXX and I were going thru. Otherwise I could have called her and she would have answered me immediately. We are now without a Primary Care Doctor.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 54 minutes later
Brief answer....she needs to be watched
Detailed answer...
Although small the blood in your vomit,but it definitely scares a person.However an occasional slight trace of blood can be possible in normal circumstances and this can happen,if you vomit suddenly and violently.
It doesn't look serious at the mement but she needs to be watched constantly for any more vomit and blood in vomit.
In case the blood in vomit happens again or the quantity of blood increases,then she should be taken to the ER for proper examination.
This blood has nothing to do with slight increase in sugar count.
Just ask your daughter to remain calm and don't panic and assure her that there is nothing to worry.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck