Diabetic. HbA1C and uric acid tests done. No arthritis or gout. Is there a need to take febuxostat once a day?

I am a diabetic with HbAic = 7.0 and Uric Acid in blood is 5.0 mg/dl. Cholesterol (127 mg%) and triglycerides (97 mg%) are under control. I have no signs of Artritis or Gout.

Do I need to take Febuxostat 40 mg once a day? (Yes / No).
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 42 minutes later
Thanks for the query
The ideal levels of uric acid in blood are 6mg/dl.Since your uric acid levels are 5mg/dl,you need not take FEBUXOSTAT.
The level of HBA1c of 7.0 means an average of blood sugar of app. 154 mg%.
Diabetics can reduce the risk of diabetes complications by keeping their HBA1c below 7.0 .
Make sure that you keep a regular check of blood pressure and kidney function tests
And always keep a tight control over your sugar.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.