Diabetic. Having peeling skin sores on hands. How to prevent?

Gell I've been having this little peeling skin sores they are round and painfull,and change areas on my hands I'm diabetic so I would like to know if this is one of the multiple signs of been diabetic and what can I do to prevent them or cure them
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pyogenic lesions in a diabetic Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now from your description, it looks like you are developing recurrent pyodermic lesions over your hands. Such lesions are very common in diabetics and can occur anywhere over the body. But before we confirm the diagnosis and discuss the treatment options, I would like to have a look at the actual lesions. It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail the pictures at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. I am sure I would be able to help you more once you send me some pictures. Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Diabetic. Having peeling skin sores on hands. How to prevent? 12 minutes later
I sent the pics sis u get them
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 hours later
Brief Answer: pictures Detailed Answer: Hey Bane, I have not got the pictures. If you are not able to upload them here on this page, you can mail them. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Diabetic. Having peeling skin sores on hands. How to prevent? 2 hours later
I sent the pic twice ill try again n what can I do to treat them
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Contact allergy hands Detailed Answer: Hi again, I have seen the attached picture. You seem to have lesions of contact allergic eczema. These are unrelated to diabetes. These are basically a form of allergic reaction which develop in certain people to the things that they touch, that is why these develop over the hands essentially. Now as far as the cause is concerned, it is sometimes difficult to find the exact cause. The most common allergens can be detergents for washing utensils,washing powder for clothes, handling of onion,ginger, garlic or prolonged contact with any oils or chemicals. If you can actually figure out the allergen, you can try to avoid it. If not, you can use a topical steroid cream like clobetasol over the affected areas twice a day. In addition, you should try to keep the hands moistuized by using a good moisturizer or oil atleast three to four times a day.This forms an effective barrier to the allergen and decreases the chances of development of allergies. Do not use any harsh hand washes like dettol. If all this does not help, then you might have to see a local dermatologist as sometimes short courses of oral steroids have to be given. Hope it helps, If you have ant other queries, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.