Diabetic. Having fever, rib pain, pressure and pain in back. Required treatment?

Dec 2012

Flu symptoms, Diabetic, fever and pain in my ribs
Also chest pain, like tight ,chest presurre and in my back
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 14 minutes later

I appreciate your post and I understand your concern.

From your description it is quite clear that you are presenting with a respiratory tract infection which most probably originates from the lower chest and given the fact that you are diabetic could become more complicated than it seems.
You will need to consult as soon as possible to a doctor who can provide you with a proper physical review and appropriate antibiotics to treat the infection.
Antiinflammatory (steroidal or antisteroidal) maybe needed to treat the pain.

Hope this will serve you well.
Thank you
Dr Nsah