Diabetic. Having erectile dysfunction problem. How to get rid of this?

Dear Doctor,I am 37 Year old male and i am a diabetic patient .My resent glucose reading was FBS 163/Post 360+ and almost this is the case.Now a days i am having ED problem due which i cannot long last or not at all.I don't drink or smoke .I having sex only with wife and that is the only stress buster and my pleasure.Kindly suggest effective medicine to get rid of the DEFECT Due to which i feel guilty
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 45 minutes later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Erectile dysfunction is the most common problem in diabetic patients. As I see your sugar levels, they are high and not under good control. For the erection of penis you need to have sound mind, interest and good neuro-vascular supply to the organ, only then erection occurs. Because of uncontrolled sugar levels, neuro vascular supply will be affected that leads erectile dysfunction.

So my advice is to consult your treating physician and discuss your problem to control the blood sugar first.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation

Hope I answered your query.

If you need any further clarification write us back.