Diabetic. Having burning sensation during urination and suffer frequent urination. Prescribed URIPAS. Suspect Prostate problem. Guide?

I am 45 year old Man having Diabetic since 2004. In last (1st July)month HBA1C was 6.3 and last Sunday fasting 90.I am on medication and is enclosed. Since last two month having troubles for urination like burning,foreskin was having cracks . Before this never ever faced this problem. Skin movement was O K . No sign of any infection. I washing everyday while taking bath having normal sex life. But since this cracks appeared having lot of pain while skin movement.
I have consulted Dr and they prescribed one course of URIPAS-10 tablets. Now no burning , no frequents urination but crack foreskin reappears. I have consulted Urologist and he advised for sonography suspecting Prostate problem but all reports are normal. i don't want to go for circumcision . want to know how to overcome this Crack skin problem.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can try emollient creams for foreskin

Detailed Answer:
I had a look at the report and prescription which you have uploaded.
From the history you have given, it appears as if you might have had a urinary infection earlier when you had the difficulty in voiding urine where you were going frequently but only small amounts are let out. We call this strangury, and it also happens in patients with kidney stone disease or a condition called papillary necrosis, but your ultrasound scan of kidneys looks quite normal, so chances of a stone or papilla having been the cause of this problem is slim.
Now that you have no difficulty in urination, you should not require any further medication for the same.
However, the cracked prepuce can indeed be a constant source of trouble, and we do frequently get requests from patients to help avoid surgery. You can try using a cream containing ingredients like urea or aloe vera locally which can act as emollients, with or without hydrocortisone and antibiotics. Also please continue to take care of hygiene locally when you bathe. If the pain and cracks are persisting despite local care, circumcision maybe be the best permanent solution.