Diabetic. Have high tsh and t4 level. Suffering from anxiety and sweating at night. Medical cure?

Question
clia mentod T3-90 ref :60-200(throid harmone measurements)

T4-10.3 ref range 34.5-12

TSH 5.46 ref:0.3-5.5

LFT allfinctions normal.Direct bilurbin 0.22 ref:max0.2
PROSTATE IS NOT GIVING ANY PROBLEM.mid night waking aweating,hot and anxiety.
.diabetic for 6 months.no family history of diabetc.symptoms of faster aging.weight loss minimal.

Please advise.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 50 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

All the above mentioned reports are normal.

From your description it does look like you are suffering from a panic or anxiety attack. Your heart beats faster when you are anxious or panicking. This increased heart beat results in sweating and due to the increased rate of blood flow, a general sensation of heat is passed through the body. These are all associated with a panic or anxiety attack.

In my opinion the best option would be to XXXXXXX a doctor (psychiatrist) and go about counselling. Anti-anxiety medication also helps to a certain extent, but it is best to avoid them if success is achieved through counselling (cognitive behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, etc.), relaxation techniques, healthy eating habits, reduced alcohol and narcotics, regular exercise and healthy and fixed sleeping habits.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Diabetic. Have high tsh and t4 level. Suffering from anxiety and sweating at night. Medical cure? 24 minutes later
do i have a thyroid desorder/pituitory problem(TSH,T4 higher side of normal,T3 lower side of normal)
or liver problem such as XXXXXXX syndrome

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 8 minutes later
Hello sir.

Your thyroid profile is perfectly normal and your bilirubin (direct) is also completely normal. These are all completely normal reports.
XXXXXXX syndrome is associated with hyperbilirubinemia (i.e. an increased bilirubin). Your bilirubin level is completely normal. Thus, XXXXXXX syndrome is ruled out as well, sir. Your symptoms do not match these conditions either.

I understand you are worried, but please be assured. Anxiety or panic attacks are normal in people and also treatable. Do not think of these as bad or abnormal. I am sure you will be fine with a little care and attention from an experienced doctor.

Best wishes.