Diabetic. Have high fever and body ache causing disorientation and fatigue. What is the treatment?

My wife is having very high fever and severe bodyache to cause disorientation and fatigue.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Fever causes dehydration Detailed Answer: Dear sir/madam Welcome to healthcare magic After reviewing your case I feel that your wife is having dehydration due to high fever. Usually high fever will cause loss of electrolytes from body which causes loss of balances in the brain. We need to alter her medicines for your diabetes because illness causes rise in blood sugars considerably. Further blood glucose monitoring is adviced atleast 3 times a day. It is more important that we evaluate the cause for fever. She needs to undergo complete blood counts with platelets and urine examination. WIDAL and peripheral smear for malarial parasite would also be needed. The tests can be performed under the guidance of the local physician. In the interim, encourage her to drink plenty of fluids and take paracetamol tablets as and when she gets fever. Hope information is helpful. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards