Diabetic. Have fever, sweating, abdominal pain, high blood glucose, burning during urination. Blood and urine test normal. Suggest?

Diabetologist
Question

I am 26 year old female from the United Arab Emirates, Diabetic for almost 14 years with an HbA1c of 6.8 .

For the past few weeks, I have had the following symptoms:
- Fever, sweating, abdominal pain, sometimes high blood glucose, burning during urination, cloudy dark urine.

I did a full check up last week (blood test and urine test) and the results were normal except with low Vitamin D.
However the symptoms are the same, I even feel much more fatigue.

Would you be able to diagnose my condition?
Please help .

Kind regards
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 13 minutes later

Your HbA1c is under good control.

Vitamin D deficiency in main cases is attributed for the cause of diabetes.

Vitamin D acts as an insulin sensitizer and helps in controlling the blood sugars.

Vitamin D deficiency also cause cramps, muscle weakness and fatigue as it is important for the bone health and strength.

You're suffering from Vitamin D deficiency and it is causing you all the problems.

You may need

1. Adequate exposure to sun

2. Vitamin D3 in oral or injectable forms.

Once your Vitamin D deficiency is corrected then your blood sugar will come under control and your symptoms will improve.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.

Follow-up: Diabetic. Have fever, sweating, abdominal pain, high blood glucose, burning during urination. Blood and urine test normal. Suggest? 1 hour later
Does Vitamin D deficiency also cause fever and abdominal pain?

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Fever, abdominal pain and burning urination may be due to UTI frequently.

Vitamin D deficiency is not responsible.

It may be Black water fever due to G6PD deficiency. Do you remember taking any new drugs recently which needs to be avoided in G6PD deficiency.

You may need
1. Urine routine test - to see for Pus cells and RBC's
2. Ultrasound Abdomen.

consult your doctor in this regard.

Let me know if you need clarifications.