Diabetic. Have erectile disfunction. Done with semen test. Chances of fertility?

Infertility Specialist
I am female 30, my husband 34. i am fit and fine, no blocked tubes. husband diabetic. has ED sometimes.
LMP 27th XXXXXXX on t.siphene 100 mg and hmg 150 iui thrice. Day 12 us showed 3 eggs on 8th july. so on 8th july took hcg 5000 iui. all eggs of good size. first iui on 9th july at 12 noon, 2nd iui on 10th july at 12 noon.
husband's counts -
9th july (after 40 hours abstinence) - pre wash count 40 million with Grade 1 motility 7% and grade 2 motility 50%.
post wash count 98 million - grade 1 motility 20% and grade 2 motility 65%
10th july - pre wash count 56 million, grade 1 18%, grade 2 32%
post wash count 82 million, grade 1 20% and grade 2 59%
insemination was easy.
what do you think are our chances of success? what do you think of my husband's count and motility - ps - he is diabetic and on insulin.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Chance of pregnancy in IUI with multifollicular ovulation in one cycle is between 17% & 30%, depending on the duration of infertility & history of previous pregnancy.
For your husband, postwash count appears to be sufficient for IUI. Apart from that, he can maintain strict sugar control & take some antioxidants to improve fertility.
Hope this answers your query.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Diabetic. Have erectile disfunction. Done with semen test. Chances of fertility? 1 hour later
how far do you think his grade 1 sperm count is good? I am worried whether they will be good enough for fertilization. is it possible to get a baby with this sperm count and motility
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 5 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Commonly grade 1 means rapidly progressive motile sperms & grade 2 means slow progressive motility. After doing extensive research WHO came up with new guidelines in 2010, in which it has combined both grades as progressively motile sperms & normal range for conception to occur, according to those guidelines is above 32%.

Your percentage of motile sperms is well above that cutoff. So there should not be any problem in fertilization/conception.

Hope you find this informative & reassuring.

Let me know if you have other concerns. If not, you can close the discussion & rate the answer.

Follow-up: Diabetic. Have erectile disfunction. Done with semen test. Chances of fertility? 5 hours later
Thank you very much Doctor. It is really reassuring. the two week wait is killing me. Keeping fingers crossed and will keep you posted on the status. Once again, thanks thanks a ton
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 2 hours later
You are most welcome.
Wish you good luck.