Diabetic. Have attached the report. Microalbumin is high. Suggest the medication?

Hi Doctor , My dad is diabetic from past 15 months and for the first time in 15 yrs he went for a check up ..

And as per the report Microalbumin is too High .. And i've attached the report for reference.

Please suggest how to decrease the Microalbumin ..

Thanks in advance Doctor .
I've attached now. Please check and help .
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
start ace inhibitors or arb.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

Welcome to healthcare magic

Microalbumin estimation will tell us the initiation of microvascular complication such as related to heart, kidney, and nerves

You can control the progression into overt albumin excretion by
1_ strict sugar control. Also get his blood pressure checked and it needs to be controlled below 130/80.
2_ you can start tablet ace inhibitors or arb groups such as ramipril, losartan etc

Consult your doctor and start taking it if your father does not have any contraindications. Start it with smaller dosage.

Hope information is helpful. Let me know if you need further clarification.