Diabetic. Has a chronic subdural haematoma. What treatment should be done?

Hello Sir,
My name is XXXXXXX my father has a chronic subdural haematoma he is a diabetic patient also can you please suggest me with the right direction on the treatment. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 17 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The diabetic patients are more prone to develop infections and complication therefore they are always suggested to get immediate medical care for any complicated condition.

The better and right direction on the treatment is to consult a good neurosurgeon because the hematoma needs to be drained out by aspiration mainly by burnhole procedure. However before going for surgery the diabetic status of the patient should be under control.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask