Ask a Dentist   »  

Diabetic. Got teeth work done. Found blood filled bump on upper gum and swollen face. Any cure?

Aug 2012

I have a bump on my upper gum I popped it first blood came out then puss.awhile back I had extensive work done on my teeth,root canals, crowns etc. and my face swelled up a little while later.i am also a diabetic
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 41 minutes later
hi there.
The bump which released blood and pus is certainly infection and you need antibiotic treatment from your dentist. The swollen face shows the infection has spread in the loose tissues around the tooth and gum. Being a patient with diabetes please make sure you show to your dentist at the earliest to control this infection ASAP without further spread in your head organs.
Please let me know for any further query. take care.