Diabetic. Feeling dizzy, ringing ear, tingling sensation on arm and feeling sleepy. Why am I getting this feeling?

Question
Borderline diabetic, having a great day that lunch almost got by w out me noticig i had to run to the nearest place around and went to srven 11 and just grabed a hotdog and diet drpepper aniut an hour and a half later sitting at ny desk and felt very dizzy almost like a ring in ny ears which only lasted about a minute, then i felt a slight tingling sensatuon on my left arm that lasted about five minutes and other than felt very sleepy after i felt better on ny own why could i have felt this way and its nit the first time.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 18 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
The symptoms you are mentioning is either suggestive of hypoglycemia or due to low/ high blood pressure or due to dehydration.
Even hectic work schedule, stress and lack of proper sleep may also be responsible.
I advice you check your blood pressure. It will be better if you go for test Hb1Ac, it will provide information about you past 3 month blood sugar. While on work it is better to take sips of fluid frequently. You should speak with the dietitian for your food as you have mentioned you borderline DM.
Presently i don't think you need to worry much, follow the conservative approach mentioned above. It insist you to consult the physician if the episodes are occurring frequently.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.