Diabetic. Fasting sugar 385 and after breakfast 415. Prescribed Glycomet. Feeling weak and shivering. Suggest?

Diabetologist
Question
I am 38 year old & on 16th April diagnose diabetic that time fasting sugar is 385 & after breakfast is 415. That time my doctor gave me Glycomet- 500 mg. this tablet. after taking i feel vary week & whole body shivering & vibrating. That time my fasting sugar is 110 & breakfast 142. Then doctor changed & given Glycomet-SR 500 daily after breakfast. Last week i checked it was fasting sugar 113 & after breakfast 137.
Daily eating 2 XXXXXXX 11.00 a.m. 05.00 P.M. daily, going daily XXXXXXX (i.e. 40 Minuets), avoiding sweet & taking black tea, green tea without sugar. Eating rice once in a week only one spoon. My Height 5.3 ft. & weight is 60 K.G.
Is ok or I have to take more care? Please suggest
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 15 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Your blood sugar is very well controlled with metformin. You need to maintain fasting blood sugar below 110 mg/dl and postprandial blood sugar below 140 mg/dl.

You may feel some weakness now because your body was used to high blood sugar in the past. Some patients may experience muscle pain and weakness to metformin also. Please notify your doctors if you develop fresh symptoms.

Your weight is ideal for your height and maintain the same in the future for effective control of blood sugar.

You need to continue with your diet and exercise. In addition you need to screen you eyes, heart and kidney on a regular basis for any diabetes related complication.

You may seek the help of a dietician to prepare you a health, energy XXXXXXX diabetic diet to overcome weakness, tiredness and hypoglycemia due to crash diet.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.

Follow-up: Diabetic. Fasting sugar 385 and after breakfast 415. Prescribed Glycomet. Feeling weak and shivering. Suggest? 4 hours later
Dear Sir,

Can you suggest how to i control blood sugar below 110 mg/dl and postprandial blood sugar below 140 mg/dl.

Is home remedy or herbal medicine is useful or i have to consult Homeopathy is suitable.

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 33 minutes later

According to Allopathy medicine Type II Diabetes is due to deficiency of secretion of insulin or it uptake.

So our treatment is by drugs or insulin.

We have no known herbal remedy to diabetes at this point in time.

You may seek the help of experts on Alternative medicine.

To maintain good blood sugar control you need to combine

1. Exercise
2. Diet
3. Medications.
4. Monitor you blood sugar on a regular basis.