Diabetic. Endoscopy showed Grade A Oesophagitis. Passing stool immediately after intake of food

Dear doctor,

I have done my endoscopy. The diagnosis is Grade A Oesophagitis. I am also passing stool immediately after intake of food. Very frequent intervals, I am having to pass stools. I am also a diabetic.
Please tell me how to minimize the problem?
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 31 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Diabetics have low immunity and this can give opportunity to infections like virus/fungus to cause problem in these patients which in normal people would not cause much problem.
What was the impression in endoscopy, the clinicians can take biopsy or may just tell his impression.
Mostly esophagitis in such cases is fungal infections or nutritional deficiency related.
a biopsy gives the final answer. Otherwise treatment can be started as perv the clinical impression.
Immediate need for toilet after feeds is also a gut disorder.
Let the inflammation in esophagus be settled first I think this problem will also subside in the following.
Meanwhile avoid fried foods and non veg and Coffey/alcohol/smoking if any.
For monitoring diabetes you need to do fasting and postprandial blood sugars, isolated casual sugar level can not tell anything really.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!