Diabetic. Difficulty in passing very hard stools. How to resolve problem?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Difficulty in passing very hard stools. I am diabetic. I drink lot of water and enough fruit/veg also. HELP?
I am 82 years old, diabetic. My Doctor who is very good to me and has tried every thing but did not resolve the problem.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

It is evident that the problem is with the propulsion of the movement in diabetic patients

I would suggest you take a prokinetic twice a day along with plenty of fluids and added fiber

A bulk forming agent like psyllum husk may also help in propulsion

Hope this helps
DO write back in case of concern