Diabetic. Diagnosed with atrial fibrilation. Take aspirine. Should I go for blood test?

I am 73 old male with atrial fibrilation, diagnozed 7 years ago, and I have diabetes type 2. I take 75mg aspirine per day for my heart condition, but my arms are covered with ecchymoses , should I convert to another anticoagulant or make blood test? Š¢hank you.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello And thank you for sending your question.

With taking only a low dose of aspirin once daily you should not be experiencing significant amounts of bruising or ecchymosis.

I would suggest that you discuss this with your primary care provider. It is possible that your platelet count may be low. Please see your doctor as soon as possible.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga