Diabetic. Controlling through diet and walk. Started pain in back and knee. Suggest some medicine

i am 48 yrs old having diabetes since last 6 years, initially i was on medication for first 6 months, then i stop taking medicine and through diet and walk controlling my sugar level. since last 5 month not able to control my sugar level . also having problem fetishes and lower back, knee pain. what medicine should i start. my fasting is between 135 to 150 and pp 175 to 280
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Diabetes is a progressive disease and with passage of time exercises and dieting alone becomes insufficient to control your sugar levels.
The goals for treatment of DM are to eliminate symptoms and to slow or prevent development of complications.
The goals in caring for patients with diabetes mellitus are to eliminate symptoms and to prevent, or at least slow, the development of complications. Microvascular (ie, eye and kidney disease) risk reduction is accomplished through control of glycemia and blood pressure; macrovascular (ie, coronary, cerebrovascular, peripheral vascular) risk reduction, through control of lipids and hypertension, smoking cessation, and aspirin therapy; and metabolic and neurologic risk reduction, through control of glycemia.

In light of what I have said above,you must consult a good physician or a diabetologist and get a thorough investigations of your kidney,lipid profile,blood pressure,testing of eyes etc.
It is only after  proper investigations,that a proper medication or medications can be advised to you.

In the absence of contraindications,METFORMIN is the initial therapy of choice for most patients with type 2 diabetes.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Diabetic. Controlling through diet and walk. Started pain in back and knee. Suggest some medicine 11 hours later
i got all my test done in late XXXXXXX 2012, there were perfect.
since yesterday i have started taking Gemer 2 twice a day. i was having an unbearable pain in my head back side and my sugar was 280 in afternoon.

i am having a pain in my heels since last 1 year. especially in the morning after getting up from bed i cannot put my feet on floor bare foot. i have to wear sleeper before it. at times while sleeping there is a sharp pain in heel for 10 to 15 seconds.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
GEMER 2 is good medicine and keep on taking it regularly.Get your blood sugar estimation done every 15 days.If your blood sugar doesn't stabilizes with this medicine,some other medicine may have to be added by your doctor.
The aim of treatment should be to keep your blood sugar levels within normal limits.
Get your blood pressure checked,as hypertension is quite common in diabetics and this may be the reason for your headache.

Heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis) is by far the most common foot problem.
Fortunately, in most cases heel pain can be treated effectively with some simple, inexpensive treatment methods.

Most sufferers experience heel pain with their first steps in the morning, after getting out of bed or after getting up out of a chair, after resting for a while. The pain is often sharp at first and present at the bottom or front of the heel bone. After a while the pain often becoms more like a dull ache. Sometimes there's some redness and swelling.

The main cause of heel pain is Plantar Fasciitis. This is Latin for inflammation of Plantar Fascia. The Plantar Fascia is the broad, flat band of fibrous tissue under the foot that runs from the toes to the heel. It actually forms the arch of your foot. Normally, the fascia is flexible and strong. Due to factors such as poor foot biomechanics, weight gain, taking up too much exercise or running, ageing etc over-stretching and micro-tearing of the Plantar Fascia ligament occurs.

Another common condition that causes morning heel pain is the presence of a heel spur. This condition is characterized by a bony growth that extends from the heel bone, or calcaneous, into sensitive tissue in the heel. When getting out of bed in the morning, or getting up after long periods of rest, the spur can dig into tissue in the heel, causing severe pain. Pain usually subsides as tissue adjusts around the spur, but can often return later in the day. 

In most cases heel pain can be treated with simple, non-surgical methods, including:

• rest: i.e. avoid prolonged activity such as walking running and sports
• ice packs: apply ice for only 5 mins, allowing the inflammation in the heel to cool down 
• losing some weight
• stretching exercises
• wear a pair of orthotics in your shoes

Best of luck
Follow-up: Diabetic. Controlling through diet and walk. Started pain in back and knee. Suggest some medicine 9 days later

Like i mentioned that i am taking Gemer2 twice a day before meals.
now the problem is that i am having biles, which troubles occasionally. after starting this medicine i am having problem of blood in stool twice a week and trouble with biles.
kindly suggest what to do.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 9 hours later
GEMER has nothing to do anything with your piles and bleeding problem.
If the symptoms are mild then conservative treatment like increased fiber in your food,adequate hydration,keeping your stool soft should be able to resolve your symptoms.
However if symptoms are severe and conservative approach doesn't give you desired results then you may have to resort to treatments like
Local Sclerosing injections.
Surgical removal of piles.

You must consult a surgeon and decide about the mode of treatment.
However the most important thing is the diagnosis of the cause of your bleeding.
Many a times bleeding from a precancerous polyp or bowel cancer may mimic bleeding from piles and may result in missing the diagnosis.

Consult the surgeon and take appropriate action.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Diabetic. Controlling through diet and walk. Started pain in back and knee. Suggest some medicine 13 hours later

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 10 hours later
There are plenty of good doctors and good hospitals in Delhi where you can get proper treatment.
However I can recommend the name of a very good surgeon to you.
His name is Dr XXXXXXX Aggarwal,who is attached with various hospitals.
His mobile no is 0000.