Diabetic. Angioplasty done. Have elevated ALT level. What diet and medicine should be taken?

hi i have done angioplasty with 3stents,,,2weeks back,iam diabetic ...all under conrol,,,,hba1c7,,,chloestrol all normal hdl 37,,,,nono complication,,,,but my alt 70...liver enzyme...long time....prestly iam diat contol,,what r the pre advise what food take,,,my medication,,,,,,,,,,concor2.5,zcor40mg,asprin twice,,,,,insulinmorning 40units novmix evening 35units junmet 1000 lunch and dinner.... daily walking 30mints....wt advice u give me my life my medicine,,,,,.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

ALT is elevated. It is less than 3 times the limit and so not very high.
It may be from mild fatty liver from Diabetes or from statin (Zocor).
Repeat it after 2 months.

Avoid or reduce drugs that can affect the liver - like Paracetamol in large doses.
Keep the diabetic control well – HbA1c is in range; it can be brought down a bit more...

Your medicines are appropriate
You didn't mention clopidogrel (anti-platelet / along with aspirin) / generally it is given after stent.

Your diet is OK – discuss with a dietician for more advice – low cholesterol, low sugar diet. Eat small frequent feed. Avoid saturated fats – animal fat, butter, cheese, coconut and palm oil.
You are exercising already.

Keep your weight (BMI) in the normal range or even less.
You didn't mention height and weight....

Never smoke. Avoid passive smoking too.

In summary, you are in good hands and proper care.
Continue following up

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck