Diabetic. All lipid profile normal. Angioplasty done. Reducing weight slowly. Looking for solution

Cardiac Surgeon
Question
dear dr..iam ur on line patient i have done angioplasty ,,,diabetic hbaic 6..now,,,alllipid profile all normal..diating but reducing weight very slow abodomen weight 94kg but hight 167cm..age51,,male..
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Nisarga 46 hours later
Hi doc,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I remember and went through our previous discussions.
As you have mentioned for that height 94 kgs weight is high only. You need to reduce your weight further to ease the function of heart.
I already gave you few tips previously to reduce your weight. Continue with strict diet control. You need to walk more. Do some regular exercise. Gym is better. Have strict control of diabetes.
If you have some more questions you are welcome.

Follow-up: Diabetic. All lipid profile normal. Angioplasty done. Reducing weight slowly. Looking for solution 1 hour later
thanks dr...may i use omega 3 plus calicium..?calicum is not good for arty,,its true,,,? iam doing exercise daiy 30mtsarobic 15mt ,,,very strict diet control wth diat chart,,,my hbaic 6 now iam taking novmax 30units morning and evening 30units junmet 1000 lunch one diner one aspirn morning palvix 75 morning ,,,neurontin one lunch and dinner,,, i...did ecg lat week he said fine dr,,,my bp 120/75mmhg,,,,dail suger check 3times,,,,100to 110mg or 120,,,range....iam daily taking aloumounds ,walnuts,staberry.....oiloil sald ...fish tuna..macral,,sardeemn ,salmon....today studied lemon,,wth warm water,3times advise?pl ineed ur direct cont mobile no ,,,,ihave some patenre to send you to india

Answered by Dr. Nisarga 13 hours later
Hi Doc,
I went through your diet chart. It is absolutely fine. Moderate amount of calcium is necessary in anybody's diet. For you also, you need to take some amount of calcium. Whatever diet you are following is fine for calcium.
I am happy with your diabetes control also. Blood sugar readings are well within normal range.
Medication is also alright.
With that much of exercise your weight will slowly come down. If you have some genetic predisposition for overweight, it may take little longer time.

Good luck.

thanks dr great can i do arobic exercise?moderate....zccor 40mg daily at night taking dr said follow up need it 2month after that we will reducing dose prestly toal chol...140...ldl 65,,vldl20 hdl40..tg 98,,,this was last week reading...concor2.5,,,,,,,,..thanks...n god bless you

Answered by Dr. Nisarga 22 hours later
You can do aerobic exercise. Whatever physical exercise you do, you should sweat and don't discontinue till you become tired.
With lipid lowering agents, your lipid profile has become normalized. Even if it is in normal range you are advised to take medication for long time, may be smaller dose.
At least 20 mg would be necessary in the long term.
Wish you all the best.