Diabetes,severe acidity,indigestion,heavy breathing,back pain

ENT Specialist
Dear Dr,
I am 59 years old female weight
57 kgs, diabetic from 7 years . I take mefor 1 and half tablet in the morning 1 in the night. My Sugar level is 150 to 160 after food.
Bp is 110/70. I think i have severe acidity.Cannot take any cereals and some raw vegetable due to indigestion problem.some times I feel heaviness while breathing and attimes I feel some tingling feel in my chest.I am also suffering severe back pain due to a worn out spine.pls advise my diet chart
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

In your case you are diabetic, allergic to cabbage, and suffer from acidity. I would advice the following diet--

1-Have bitter gourd juice and a glass of lukewarm water with half a freshly squeezed lime the first thing in the morning.It will help to mobilize the trans fats.

2-Lunch may have freshly prepared steamed vegetables, one or two whole-wheat bread with butter and a glass of buttermilk.( means the untoned milk).

3-Have a juice during the mid-afternoon preferably a glass of fresh fruit or vegetable juice.

4-Dinner may comprise of a large bowl of raw vegetable salad, with limejuice dressing, sprouted beans and cheese.

You may take roasted bread with fresh boiled vegetables.

5-Avoid spices, condiments, pickles, alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea and coffee, meat, over boiled milk, as well as white flour and products made from them, refined, processed, and tinned foods.

Remember the following points---

#Fresh fruits contain sugar fructose, which does not need insulin for its metabolism and is well tolerated by diabetics.

#Raw foods should be taken liberally as they stimulate and increase insulin production.

#Other good foods for diabetics include: cucumbers, onion and garlic.

Other measures for diabetics--

1- brisk walk.

2- hot fomentation of back.

3- Drink plenty of fluids.

Hope this will help you and I am ready for future follow ups (if any)