Diabetes, thyroid, oxygen content 88, taking oxygen at home, pulse rate 120

my age is 58 yrs. i have diabeties, throid, breath problem (oxygen content in body is 88). i am taking oxygen at home fr 16-20 hrs a day. nw from yesterday night my pulse rate had been increased to 120. please help??????????
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 43 minutes later

Your oxygen saturation in the blood is low.In spite of the medication that you may be taking and oxygen,you body is not able to maintain sufficient oxygen level in your blood.

You are in state of HYPOXIA in medicals terms .
This needs proper treatment and evaluation.Diabetes and thyroid cannot lead to difficulty in breathing.You might be suffering from some respiratory or heart disorders too.

Whenever the oxygen is low in the blood the body try to compensate it with increase in the respiratory efforts and this leads to increase in heart rate also.

You should you see your doctor for this.

You will need some drugs to help with this.Prolonged oxygen deficiency in body can lead to various other problems you must visit hospital or your doctor without waiting.

Keep having small quantity of liquids all the time,take light diet.

Hope my answer is adequate ,i will be available for followup should you have anymore concern.