Diabetes, hepatitis B, frequent urination, excessive thirst, difficulty in sleeping, not on medication

Question
im a diabetic person with hepa b can u help me
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 6 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

It would be good if you can explain me your symptoms in detail which would help me in suggesting you better.

1)Are your Blood sugars under control?
2)Are you on medications?
3)Have you been recently been diagnosed with Hepatitis B?
4)Do you have any other symptoms present?
5)Are you having any problems right now?
6)Any other relevant information in relation to disease.

Anticipating your reply.

Follow-up: Diabetes, hepatitis B, frequent urination, excessive thirst, difficulty in sleeping, not on medication 3 hours later
thanks for the reply doc

1. i have this 5 years ago when i travel and i dont control it am 41 yrs old
2. im not on medication thats also why i want to ask what are the medicines to take
3. no just that after 5 yrs
4. i don't have symptoms just am having difficulty in sleeping
5. difficulty in sleeping i frequently urinate and thirsty
6. none i just wanted medication can u tell me i own a drugstore and i dont want go to a doctor my blood sugar is 9.6 last month i do treadmill 45 minutes everyday

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 19 minutes later

Thanks for the reply

Considering your age it is very important to start the medications soon as raised blood sugar can lead to various other complications of foot,eyes,nerves and various other organs.

It has already been 5 years and now you also have symptoms as frequent urination and thirst which are the classical symptoms of Diabetes.Lifestyle modification and regular exercise can help in keeping the blood sugar under control.

You require a detailed clinical examination including Blood pressure,lung function,liver function test and then on the basis of your age,weight,height,food habits the medication would be decided for both Diabetes and Hepatitis B.

Kindly visit a Physician earliest so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.

Meanwhile have low fat,low carbohydrate,low sugar and high fibre diet.

Drink lots of water.

Avoid smoking and alcohol.

Continue with the exercise regime.

Reduce stress and have adequate sleep.

Wishing you Good Health!

Follow-up: Diabetes, hepatitis B, frequent urination, excessive thirst, difficulty in sleeping, not on medication 18 hours later
what kind of physician? can you recommend a doctor here in the philippines im in manila? many thanx thats all

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks again

You can initially see a Primary Physician and if needed he may refer you or a Family Physician.

Regarding the doctor in Manila I am sorry I do not have any idea regarding that.

I hope this helps!