Diabetes. Taking insulin injections. Diagnosed nerve damage in penis. Foreskin very tight and painful. Help?

Hi, I'm 38 and was diagnosed with diabetes 4 years ago. Was taking insulin injections for the first two years and switched to tablets (glimiprex and volibo) after that. Due to the diabetes, I was advised that there was nerve damage to my penis because of which I'm unable to sustain a proper erection.
My wife and I separated about a year back, and since then I stopped taking my medication and started to drink and smoke heavily. This has led to several problems including loss of weight, ill health and now recently I noticed my foreskin has become very tight and painful to retract. When it does retract, there is a white sticky substance inside. Also finding it difficult to replace it once I'm done masturbating. Please help...
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 2 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

Your erectile dysfunction might be due to
- Diabetes.
- Alcohol induced sexual dysfunction.
- Stress induced sexual dysfunction.

white sticky substance might be smegma collected under foreskin but chances of infection should also be rule out.

You should consult urosurgeon for tight foreskin. Doctor may advise to go for circumcision.

Meanwhile you may use oil or other lubricant and try to retract the foreskin which may help .

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.