Developing large painful pimples on leg. Puss comes out after squeezing. What is the problem?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been developing large pimples on my leg that are very painful and tender. When squeezed they do squirt out puss and after a few days a large clump of puss comes out and it leaves a pretty XXXXXXX hole in my leg. I have had eczema for some time but have never had this problem until recently and have had a total of 3 now.
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
Skin lesions of the size that you describe are common. And are most commonly the result of superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.
I would suggest you to stop popping those pimples right away, and keep the area clean. You could apply over the counter antiseptics for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better. You need to consult a dermatologist for systemic antibiotics if the number of lesions increases.
Usually such minor infections are self limiting and subside in 7-10 days. Avoid touching the area with bare fingers to avoid any infection. The small scars will also heal on their own without any special treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.