Developed white spots in vaginal area. Diagnosed skin infection. Taking azithral and using candidcl. Suggest?

Infertility Specialist
hi my mother has developed white spots in her vaginal portion third time .first two time it was diagnosed as skin infection .this time its taking time .she is taking azithral xp kit and using candid cl.since 15 days but there is no improvement.two year back she also had a biopsy but the report was normal. age is 56 , height 5.3 , 60kg
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs culture & sensitivity

Detailed Answer:
Hi, This appears to be fungal infection which occurs in postmenopausal women. The present medicines she is taking are fine. They work well. In case if the spots dont reduce, see a gynecologist who will take smear from infected area to check for culture sensitivity meaning which drugs act best for it. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Developed white spots in vaginal area. Diagnosed skin infection. Taking azithral and using candidcl. Suggest? 19 minutes later
she is taking medicine for last 15 days , should we wait or go for the test as told by you immediately
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not an emergency

Detailed Answer:
Hi, this is not emergency. You can visit gynecologist as per your convinience in coming week. Mean while you can stop the medicines if you have completed the coursr as per doctor's advice. I hope your doubt is cleared. Regards