Developed white coating in throat. Had liver transplant. Noticed blood mucus. Guidance

ENT Specialist
I have an issue with my throat. I have been treated for Yeast Infection and it has been successful. However,
I have developed a white coating in my throat and on the soft palate. Let me add that I have had a Liver Transplant. When my Primary saw the problem she sent me to an Ears, Nose and Throat specialist I was given the Mouth Wash which has done no good. Neither did the Yeast treatment. I panicked when I discovered Blood/Mucas (SP) mixture in the mornings. This only happens in the morning and clears up quickly when I am up. Mouth is really sore. Note: The ENT used the scope to look inside and found nothing out of the ordinary. Any advice?
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 9 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Besides opportunistic fungal and yeast infections due to immunosuppressant drugs, other possible reasons that may be responsible for your symptoms are:
a. A post nasal drip in the morning.
b. Acid reflux.
c. Mouth breathing, dryness of the throat or dehydration.
d. Lymphoid hypertrophy in the throat. This delicate tissue bleeds easily.
e. Vitamin B and C deficiency.

2. If you can share the images or video of your throat examination, it will help in the assessment.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.