Developed thrombosis in legs. Operated through iliac arteries. Started swelling and pain in foot. What should be done?

Cardiologist
Question
i had developed thrombosis in my both legs and was operated thru iliac arteries .after this my legs started functioning within a week butsome pin and needle effects remained . now iam at acitrom 1 mg and my inr is 2.5 on 12 july since yesterday i have developed some short of swelling in my right foot with burning pain .however my arteries in both feet is palpable.incidently,i have vit Dlevel 10.2 nanogram.what should i do?
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXX.
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your question with diligence.

What has happened in your case is due to atrial fibrillation (possibly) a blood clot was formed in your left atrium which migrated to your limb arteries. The thrombus was removed from iliac arteries. I do not think the doctor who treated you prescribed you these drugs. Acitrom when taken should be accompanied with routine testing of INR every 15 days ( to begin with almost daily when the dose is being adjusted). Additionally, you ought to be seen by the cardiologist who would have been in the treating group, so that a decision about mitral valve can be taken. A regular followup is absolutely necessary and my suggestion is not to mix up medicines of various systems have faith in the group of doctors who saved your limbs and follow their advice otherwise you are allowing your life and limbs to be at risk. If you have any further query do write, I shall be happy to answer.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW