Developed tanned skin. Patch test showed and allergy due to sulphur. Any relation to hair straightening?

Hi Doctor,

I have a tanned skin on my face to neck. It might be for the reason of hair straightening that I did last year. This problem was seen 6 mths back and I had been to a well known dermatologist in Bangalore.
They got a patch test done and said its allergy due to sulphur. They suggested me to use Ansolar creame and I am using for 4 months now. The results are ok but not to the satisfaction.

Can you suggest a quick and best solution for this. As my skin color differ till neck and below is fair.

Skin complexion : whitish (before) now tanned
Sensitive skin and prone to allergies

Can I use chemical peel if yes, pls suggest a brand

Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Peel good option, sun screen must.

Detailed Answer:
Ansolar is fine but it can only lighten your skin to certain extent.
Peeling is a good option.
You can go for glycolic acid peel, once a month.
Remember to inform the doctor regarding your sulphur allergy. It is important to do a test peel in your case as your skin is sensitive.
Another important thing is use of sun screen. Please use a sun screen with spf of atleast 30 +.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.