Developed swimmers ear. Not cured by allercet-l. What medication should be done?

ENT Specialist
Hi Doctor
Two months back, i had been to resort and went on swimming. I developed ear infection after that. I had been to a ENT doctor and he told me that i had ear infection called swimmers ear. He gave me medicines as tablets .AB-CV 375 and Allercet-L for a week. I did not have any problems until i recently had same problem. Please suggest me the steps. Should i repeat the same medication or any additional steps. My ear sometimes feels blocking but i did not put any cotton or any stuff fearing more infection. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Welcome in H.C.M.

I read your complaints regarding your ear problems which develop after swimming in a pool. Your problem is due to an infection as said by your ent doctor and he diagnosed this infection as swimmers ear.
Your doctor had given you antibiotic and anti histaminics. By this, your pain subsided and you felt better. You again developed same problem a week back. I think there is recurrence of problems. Therefore you should re-consult your ent doctor for examination of ear. In the mean time, you may take antibiotics, anti inflammatory, anti histaminics and decongestants along with steam inhalation.

Hope your query is answered.

With Regards.