Developed swelling under eye. Do I need surgery to remove this fat deposition?

I have developed under eye swelling under my left eye after having restylene in the tear trough area they have gone and broke down the restylene but the swelling remains and now looks like a bag under this eye could this be a fat deposit and can I have it removed surgically.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 15 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
Restylene is sopposed to be effective for up to 18 months.That effectively means it is not effective after 18 months.So the benifits you get are not very long lasting.
The basic reason of under eye bags is that there is a lot of fat surrounding the globe of eye.This fat is put in place by a sheet of fascia.With the passage of time this fascia gets slack and the fat behind starts bulging forward.
This can always be corrected surgically and the results are much longer lasting.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.