Developed swelling on both the wrists. Having pain in fingers and palm radiating to shoulders. Cure?

I have developed a swelling on both my wrists (inner side). My fingers and Palm are aching and the pain is going up to the shoulders
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 13 hours later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
The possibilities could be a local joint inflammation which may cause pinched nerves. You need a detailed evaluation which included blood investigations like erythrocyte sedimentation rate, thyroid function test, blood sugar. You also need a nerve conduction test to exclude pinched nerves. Please get evaluated by a local neurologist and get the condition diagnosed properly so that treatment becomes easy

Let me know if you need any additional information
Best wishes