Developed sties in eye and blisters on outer skin of eye. Am I allergic to dog?

I keep developing sties in my eye and blisters on the outer skin of the eye. My father tells me I may be allergic to my dog that we keep in door
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
These lid margin infections are due to infection of moebomian glands situated under the eye lashes.
Lid margin infections respond well to tetracycline group so if you can get terramycine eye ointment then it is to be applied to the lid margin daily at bed time for 6 weeks.
In recurrent cases doxycycline 100 mg. tablet is to be taken twice a day for one week.
in the mean while keep the eyes clean and your father may be right as it is difficult to keep a optimal level of hygiene with such pets around.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.